Senior Backend Java Engineer
Our Client is a financial technology company founded in 2005. Their mission is to provide affordable loans that help people with little or no credit history establish credit and build a better future. They use advanced data analytics and technology to “score” and lend money to individuals who other lenders consider “unscorable” because of their limited credit history
The Irvine location is seeking senior level software engineers to join their growing team. The company is in a great space within their market, having been profitable by several hundred thousand dollars month after month and looking to go IPO in the next eighteen months. The engineering team is rebuilding the entire product, so with this opportunity you’ll have the chance to building something from scratch using open source technologies. The company can pay competitively and has a great bonus structure. If this sounds like an opportunity you might be interested in, please respond with the most current copy of your resume
Required Skills & Experience
- 7+ years’ experience in core JAVA technologies including; Spring Framework, JMS, Hibernate, and Enterprise Integration Patterns.
- 3+ years’ experience with RESTful services and Service Oriented Architecture design patterns using Spring MVC.
- 3+ years’ experience with relational DBs like MySQL
- 3+ years’ experience working within an Agile/Scrum and CI/CD environment.
- Experience with Test Driven Development using JUnit/TestNG testing frameworks.
- Experience working with version control using GIT/BitBucket.
- Experience in the design of new systems or the redesign of existing systems to meet business requirements, changing needs, or newer technology.
- The ability to work with and mentor junior software engineers.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with one or more Front-End frameworks will be a strong plus.
- Experience with NoSQL Database like MongoDB will be a plus.
- Experience with AI/Machine Learning is a plus.
- Experience with Groovy is a plus
- Experience with Search technologies like Solr/Lucene
- Experience in financial services
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or related field
What You Will Be Doing
- 70 % Java / Services
- 20 % SQL
- 10 % CI/CD
- 80 % Hands On
- 10 % Architecture
- 10 % Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $150K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.