One of the most innovative and exciting information security consulting companies in Orange County is looking for Network Engineering professionals to join the team. Ideally, they are looking for folks that have strong experience with Cisco, VPLS, and network engineering practices. The team is looking to bring on folks that can bolster their security posture for one of their clients in the area.
If you are looking to use your firewall expertise in a fast-paced environment while working with a collaborative team, apply now! Engineers in this position will be exposed to new tech in the networking and firewall spaces, as well as an accelerated growth path.
Required Skills & Experience
- Installs, configures and maintains security products and services including Fortinet & Palo Alto Networks firewalls.
- Provides network engineering work in installation, maintenance, and support of network transport services, including VLAN connectivity, internal and Internet IPv4/IPv6 routing, MPLS-based Metro Ethernet circuits, and indoor and outdoor 802.11 WLAN networks.
- IPSec/SSL VPN concentrators using certificates and two-factor authentication
- Riverbed Steel Central network packet analyzer and Net Profiler.
- Configures, maintains and troubleshoots Layer 3 connectivity including BGP, IS-IS, MPLS, VRFs, static routes and DHCP forwarding. Designs and implements VPLS environments using LDP and BGP signaling. Manages IPv4 RFC1918 and global address space and subnet assignment, IPv6 global address space and subnet assignment.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Configures, maintains and troubleshoots Layer 2 connectivity including Multiple Spanning Tree and Per-VLAN Spanning Tree, port-and VLAN-based QoS, VLAN configuration, VLAN trunking, Q-in-Q, MAC address forwarding, port channeling and WAN connections (Metro Ethernet, DSI-based Frame Relay and Point-to-Point Protocol). Performs and utilizes protocol captures and decodes using open source tools such as Wireshark and/or commercial products.
- Monitors and troubleshoots network configuration, performance and capacity using commercial tools such as Solar Winds, and open source tools such as RANCID, nmap, Cacti, Net-SNMP and Nagios. Implements and configures SNMP tools and functionality including SNMPv1, SNMPv2c, SMNPv3, MIBs, OIDs, and SMI and public MIBs as defined in various RFCs.
- Designs, implements and maintains Cloud services infrastructure (AWS, security groups etc.)
- Manages ongoing customer LAN network adds, moves, and changes.
- Schedules and coordinates corrective and routine maintenance on the SLAN network systems with appropriate vendors, customers, and support organizations.
- Develops, negotiates and maintains customer LAN network service level agreements (SLAs).
- Trains and demonstrates technologies and systems to information systems and non-information systems professionals.
- Plans, develops and implements network backup and disaster recovery procedures, as well as redundancy and diversity failure mitigation.
- Works with configuration management to ensure compliance with architecture
- Strong problem-solving skills
What You Will Be Doing
- 80% Cisco Networking
- 20% Network Security
- 60% Hands On
- 30% Management Duties
- 10% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $70/hr DOE
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.