VP of Engineering
A short-term retail platform is looking for an experienced VP of Engineering to be responsible for leading a growing team of 50 passionate engineers in multiple countries.
You will work with the Head of Product and optimize the engineering process in a Java Spring Boot environment to execute on projects. As a key member of the senior management team, you want to create an environment that is motivational, collaborative, and execution-oriented all while delivering well-built solutions to our users.
This platform powers over 15,000 listings and more than 35 million square feet of retail space. They offer access to spaces in leading retail cities around the world, including New York, Paris, London, Milan, Hong Kong, Amsterdam, Los Angeles and San Francisco. Clients include Google, Samsung, L’Oréal, Kodak, Nike, Happy Socks and more.
What You'll Be Doing
- Take ownership of the team and lead all engineering efforts via planning, managing, and monitoring
- Create and optimize processes in order to improve team velocity without affecting the quality of execution
- Provide critical leadership and continual development of the long-term strategy for our business
- Regular internal communication with the senior leaders to understand and execute on business challenges
- Work with the VP of Product, operations and marketing teams to ensure smooth handoff and release of features
- Ensure technical excellence, versatility, and scalability of our engineering solutions
- Recruit, hire, and train new engineering team members
- Lead and develop our engineering team through hands-on mentoring and coaching
- Organize and manage projects, making detailed plans that work towards the fulfillment of a set objective
- Plan strategies for continuous improvement of our existing products
- Forecast and adapt changes in business and guide our platform architecture to meet current trends and needs
- Ensure quality and timely project deliverables
- Annual salary starting up to $200,000
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.