Our client is the is the leading provider of energy control software and integration services. Our mission is to enable a cleaner, more intelligent, and distributed energy infrastructure. Now in its fifth generation, their GEMS software platform optimizes the operation of energy systems by lowering costs and maximizing system return on investment.
They also designs and deploys the world’s most advanced energy storage systems. From grid-scale to behind-the-meter and microgrid solutions..
Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, we are seeking a Data Engineer / Software Developer in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, to join our team.
The Software Engineer must be a python expert, able to bring our simulation, forecasting, and data driven operation optimization platform for energy systems to the next level in terms of performance, scalability, UI, and user experience.
The role will be an integral part of the Simulation and Data Science team in the Research and Development group, working to accelerate the development of our deployed software capabilities.
- Turn data models and algorithms into production ready software and evaluate model effectiveness by conducting tests on large sets of historical data.
- Tune data models and algorithms for conducting time series analysis, forecasting, and operation optimizations related to energy management, improving performance and accuracy within the context of the business logic.
- Improve performance of optimization algorithms that use forecasts with uncertainty, for both simulation efforts and real-world operation of physical assets.
- Create a Jupyter, Web based user interface for both flexibility and usability.
The candidate must be able to embrace the fast and dynamic environment of a growth stage company, comfortable with adjusting quickly to changing priorities.
- Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or similar.
- Expert level in Python as a programming language
- Excellent in math, with experience in one of the following areas: statistical analysis, time series models, or forecasting and machine learning.
- Can work independently and provide strong leadership