Senior Data Engineer
A fast growing SaaS startup in Northern Chicago is urgently looking to hire on a Senior Data Engineer to come in and help set up their data environment from end to end. The role would involve heavy ETL work by helping integrate all of their sensitive data into one common database/platform. The role will also involve you deciding what tools and best practices that will be used within the organization, so the role comes with a lot of freedom and impact. The company is hoping to be set up and fully functioning and well on their way to setting up streaming services in the next 6-12 months, so you will really help drive that.
If you’re looking for a role that offers a lot of room for growth and the ability to take on ownership from day one, don’t hesitate to apply today.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years working in a data focused role
- Experience working with a variety of ETL tools
- PostGreSQL and other relational database experience
- Strong communicators to help advise the company on best practices and tools to be used
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience setting up data pipelines
- Experience working with non-relational databases
- Experience working with both on premise servers and cloud architectures
- Experience with DevOps
- Experience with streaming services (Spark, Pyspark, Kafka)
- Experience working with highly secure/sensitive data
- Bachelors or Masters Degree (STEM preferred)
What You Will Be Doing
- 33% ETL
- 33% Databases
- 50% Setting up data pipelines
- 50% ETL
- Competitive Salary: Up to $100-150K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Free snacks and beverages
- Flexible work schedule
- Annual performance bonus
- Stock options
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.