Test Automation Engineer
One of our Winston Salem clients is looking for an experienced Test Automation Engineer to join their team! This person will work on assignments as a part of an Agile SCRUM team in one or more of the following areas: using test frameworks, writing scripts to automate testing, write/maintain code to test application functionality, availability and accessibility, and provide application engineering teams with the tools necessary to ensure comprehensive code coverage.
Required Skills & Experience
- 4 year bachelor’s degree in relevant field or comparable industry experience
- 7+ years of relevant work experience, which includes building testing frameworks, implementation/utilization of tools and automation within an enterprise and cloud environment
- Strong understanding of the Agile development process
- Strong programming and scripting capabilities
- Experience with writing automation harnesses to test SOAP and REST API interfaces.
- Experience querying databases to support data testing
- Experience in managing code in source control, labelling, branching and merging
- Familiar with Agile test methodologies and tools, writing test plans, creating test cases, debugging and defect management.
- Strong experience testing Microsoft technology-based enterprise applications
- Strong team communication skills are required as part of an Agile team environment. Ability to deal effectively with individuals at all business levels and a variety of situations requiring tact, judgment, and composure.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong experience applying object-oriented principles through programming and scripting.
- Excellent familiarity with Windows or *nix based environments including shell commands.
- Experience with database testing by using SQL queries and able to write joins. Experience with Informix and writing queries for the Informix platform would be preferred.
- Familiar with web or mobile application layered architecture
- Experience in implementing Continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines for test engineering artifacts.
- Experience testing applications developed using cloud technologies.
- Experience in the following technologies:
- xUnit, nUnit
What You Will Be Doing
- Develop automation frameworks and implement test suites and tools
- Design, architect and effectively implement test automation patterns aligned with Continuous Integration and Agile incremental testing and delivery
- Responsible for non-functional test engineering aspects e.g. performance, integration, service, data and regression testing
- Leadership (20%)
- Lead the test engineering effort for a given application engineering team from planning and organization to execution and delivery by developing effective test strategies
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to other test engineers
- Strategic (20%)
- Organizing, augmenting and enhancing traditional quality assurance team members and processes e.g. building a test strategy that combines manual testing with automation of repetitive tasks
- Make recommendations to Application Engineering teams that will drive the adoption of effective unit testing, defect prevention strategies, and the development of a culture of quality
- Technical (60%)
- Developing automation frameworks and implementing test suites and tools
- Competitive Pay!
- Contract to Hire!
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.