Senior Java Engineer / Contract to Hire / Chelsea, NYC
An international publishing company focused on educational material is looking to hire a Senior Java Engineer to join their team! They hold publishing rights to some of the most famous book series like Harry Potter and the Hunger Games! Their Chelsea office is looking for an experienced back end Java Engineer to join their interdisciplinary team, building and scaling their web application as well as mentoring other junior members of the team.
This Senior Java Engineer will be working with RESTful Web Services, Spring, Springboot, and SQL. It is a contract-to-hire opportunity, so you will be converted to full-time after six months.
This is an amazing opportunity to take on more of a leadership role in a fast-paced environment that is geared towards education.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of Spring/Springboot experience
- B.S in Computer Science or other related degrees
- Experience with RESTful Web Services and APIs
Desired Skills & Experience
- Exposure to AWS or other programming languages such as Python/Scala
- Have experience working with agile development methodology
- Self-starter that is passionate about education and technology
What You Will Be Doing
- Building and scaling educational applications for mobile and desktop web
- 100% Spring/Springboot
- 70% Hands on development
- 30% Leadership/mentoring junior engineers
- Competitive hourly rate up to $85/hr
Your benefits will include:
- Full benefits
- 401(k) options
- Tuition reimbursement
- Discounted stock options
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.