Principal DevOps Engineer
A leading Saas Based B2B technology company in SOMA is looking for a Principal Site Reliability Engineer to join their growing team (4-5 Engineers).
You must have at least 5+ years’ experience in a Site Reliability, Infrastructure Engineering, Systems Engineering, or DevOps role with increasing responsibility and integration with product development teams. Ideally, you will have been a Software Engineer in the past, and moved into this role because you love system reliability. You should have built systems that allow product development teams to self-serve many aspects of infrastructure, maintain our general CI/CD framework, maintain production environments and SLAs while giving guidance to product teams towards that end, and build everything with a mindset of automation and infrastructure-as-code. Lastly, this engineer would also work with monitoring and logging new security tools and servers.
This is a great opportunity to join a company that is making great strides in its industry and make an impact with your skills and experiences. This is a good time to get into the company as they are not only profitable, but also positioning themselves to go IPO sometime in 2020/2021.
Required Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of experience in a DevOps, Site Reliability, Infrastructure or Systems Engineering role.
- 1+ years of experience as a Lead of a team or taking the lead on projects.
- Strong knowledge of running infrastructure in AWS.
- Coding experience
- Experience with HashiCorp tools; Terraform, Packer, Vault, etc.
- Strong experience automating CI/CD pipelines and using technologies like Jenkins, Spinnaker, Docker/K8s, etc. for it.
- Professional experience working with Docker and Kubernetes in production.
- Strong experience setting up proper infrastructure monitoring & alerting tools such as DataDog, ELK, Prometheus, Graphite, New Relic, etc.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience supporting a multi-cloud environment with AWS & GCP.
- Any prior experience or knowledge on Information/Infrastructure Security.
- Knowledge and/or experience doing Infrastructure set-up/support for Data Engineering team.
- Knowledge of Apache Spark, BitQuery and/or other big data technology from a infrastructure perspective is a HUGE PLUS.
What You Will Be Doing
- 50% Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform
- 50% AWS, GCP
- 75% Hands On
- 25% Project coordination/team collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $250K base /year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Yearly bonus
- Stock options
- Free food/snacks
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.