Senior Java Developer
One of Toronto’s premier start-ups in one of the cities leading tech innovation labs is looking to hire a Senior Java Engineer for their growing PaaS team. My client is a leader in the field of information validation and data sharing in regard to healthcare research.
As a Senior Java Engineer, you'll be tasked with development, architecture, and mentorship of junior staff. You'll be re-platforming their existing application to enhance and create a more powerful system for their clients to leverage. New technology is the backbone to this companies continued success. The team is comprised of talented developers that have developed multi-threaded software applications, with a TDD approach. Expertise in areas like Java 1.8, Spring Boot microservices, Google Cloud Platform and non-relational databases is preferred, but not required.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience with core Java
- At least 2 years of experience with modern Angular or ReactJS
- Experience with AWS or GCP
- Must have built microservices architecture
- Experience with PostgresSQL is ideal
Desired Skills & Experience
- Any experience with containerization tools eg. Docker/Kubernetes is a plus, not a requirement
- Must be an effective team player and be able to communicate their ideas effectively
- University degree in Computer Science is required
What You Will Be Doing
- 80% Back-end
- 20% Front-end
- 70% Hands On
- 30% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $115K, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- 3 weeks of statutory vacation
- Full medical benefits
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.