Senior Java Developer
This opportunity is with a Forbes listed, exciting mid-size startup, with significant US funding, coming out of a larger parent company. They have a major impact within the financial payments industry, taking care of the payroll of a growing generation of independent workers whilst also matching them with some of the biggest brands around the world.
You will be working on delivering a simplified, clean, user experience building a powerful automation platform that connects consultants, freelancers and self-employed businesses connect with businesses or with each other, in these challenging times. The architecture is API driven, distributed, SOA. You will participate in designing, building and integrating new and existing application components.
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 6 years of experience with Back end Java
- Experience with Spring Boot, Solr, Kafka and Zuul
- Ideal candidate must have worked with CI/CD, Jenkins
- Docker or Kubernetes required
- Must have deployed on AWS
- Experience with MySQL, PostgresSQL, Cassandra or DynamoDB
Desired Skills & Experience
- Any knowledge of experience in Scala is a plus
- Experience building and supporting libraries
- Experience in an agile environment
- Prior experience in developing financial software including tax services, money transfer, billing and financial transaction management
- University degree in Computer Science is required
What You Will Be Doing
- 90% Java/Spring Boot micro-services
- 10% React/Redux, Swagger/Backbone
- 80% Hands On
- 20% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $160K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- 4 weeks of vacation
- Financial educational assistance
- Employee discounts
- Free catered lunches
- 401K matching
- 5 days of sick leave
- Holiday Pay
- Full MVD
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.