Principal UI Software Engineer
One of the most recognizable companies in the valley that provides best-in-class cloud procurement solutions and innovative business models to help modernize and grow business is looking to bring on a Technical Lead to join their growing team. With more than 3 million customers and annual transaction volume of over $1 Trillion, the companies network is the world’s largest commerce network.
As a Principal UI Software Engineer, you have an opportunity to accelerate the innovation and delivery of their flagship products. You will have an opportunity to work on internet scale level problems and complex business problems. You will take ownership of large software components, work with product management on user requirements, apply your knowledge to functional design, utilize your programming skills for efficient and robust implementation, and interact with designers, engineers, quality assurance and field support teams in the whole software development cycle. To succeed in this position, you must be incredibly passionate about user experience and be very results-oriented to get things done.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent - Masters in CS preferred.
- 10+ years front-end experience with 4+ years of experience leading & mentoring teams.
- Strong knowledge of the architectural patterns and extensive experience building fast and reusable UI components.
- Strong expertise with Angular, jQuery, TypeScript, HTML 5, CSS 3 features, and writing cross-browser compatible code.
- Experience building and integrating with REST APIs.
- Ability to troubleshoot and performance tune complex application.
- Excellent teamwork and coordination skills with the ability to create clarity from ambiguity
- Ability to work with all levels within the organization.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Experience with the public cloud, such as Google Cloud Platform, Amazon's AWS or Microsoft Azure is a plus.
What You Will Be Doing
- Collaborate with Product Managers, UX designers and engineering teams to develop UI
- Build a simple, intuitive, consumer-grade user experience for highly scalable, performant and distributed enterprise application.
- Set the technology direction by recommending specific Front-End technologies to pursue, suggesting training and staff development activities as needed.
- Identify and address technical debt as applications evolve.
- Evaluate and prototype best technology solution for projects, doing POCs as needed.
- Mentor team on best-practices and help create a culture of innovation and continual learning.
- Competitive salary + equity + bonus
- Flexible PTO
- Catered lunches/snacks
- Opportunity to grow and lead a team
- Team outings
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.