Engineering Manager / JVM / Big Data
If you’re looking to oversee the development and strategy behind a Data Analytics Company’s core Big Data Platform, this role will be perfect for you. We’re working with a startup in downtown Chicago that is looking for an Engineering Manager to come in and oversee the strategy for their core Big Data Platform. You’d only be hands on for proof of concept work and some niche technology implementations. The other part of your job is going to be entirely focused on guidance, planning, and strategy.
This company is known for its culture and always has new growth opportunities. They have a variety of different benefits and perks to offer and continue to put their employees first.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience with large scale systems
- Mentoring/leading experience
- Experience having been an architect, now moving into management
- Very technical mindset
- Prior experience with Scala and the SMACK stack
- Experience with data warehousing and data lakes
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience working for smaller companies
- Has been in high-pressure, fast-paced environments
- Great with prioritization
- Polyglot mindset
What You Will Be Doing
- 40% Architecture
- 30% Tech Implementation
- 30% Proof of Concept Work
- 20% Hands On
- 60% Management Duties
- 20% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $160K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Great Culture
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.