Principal DevOps Engineer
A public company in the hospitality industry is looking to add a Principle DevOps Engineer to their team. This individual will be responsible for establishing best practices and mentoring peers to evangelize the adoption of those best practices. This individual will also be working with the different development teams to understand what needs to be done to get their applications deployed into AWS. They will be responsible for developing technical strategy, driving successful delivery of projects, and fostering creativity.
Required Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of experience in a software development environment.
- Proven success in defining architectures and applications that satisfy performance, scalability, high availability and monitoring requirements
- Experience with all aspects of the software development life-cycle including design, functional and technical requirements, coding, debugging, testing, release management and operational support.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies including Agile, Waterfall, Service Oriented Architecture and object-oriented programming.
- Extensive AWS experience, specifically deploying and supporting cloud-based applications, preferably in a continuous delivery environment.
- Ability to break down complex technical problems and articulate solutions.
- Experience with puppet and continuous delivery.
- Outstanding oral, written, presentation and listening communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related discipline.
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior staff.
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% AWS
- 33% Establishing and implementing best practices
- 33% Hands on
- 33% Working with development teams
- Competitive Salary: $140-160k + 10% Bonus
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Jobspring Partners, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.