Linux System Administrator
One of the leading providers of security compliance and regulation to the mobile industry is in search of a Linux Systems Administrator to engineer, monitor, and support a largely virtualized infrastructure primarily deployed in the cloud. This is a brand new role recently opened due to the extensive growth the company is experiencing. The company has been around almost ten years, and is one of the many successful organizations a team of entrepreneurs has put together over the past twenty-five years. This global organization boasts not only a great track record, but a wonderful work culture that thrives on creative energy and great ideas.
Required Skills & Experiences
- 3-6 dedicated years of Linux Systems Administration or Engineering experience, preferably with CentOS
- Track record in physical to virtual migrations with VMWare
- Foundation in deploying servers to the AWS or Rackspace cloud platforms
- Experience configuring Apache or Tomcat Web Servers
- Solid MySQL database server experience, ideally with background in writing SQL queries
- Data center background particularly with understanding of how networks flow
- Foundation in networking and security, specifically for the purpose of hardening servers
- Positive attitude towards learning new technologies with “techie” personality
- Previous experience wearing multiple hats in a small team
- Any background in writing/manipulating Python scripts would be a huge plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science preferred
Benefits & Perks
- The company provides a great benefits package, including limited premium for healthcare, dental, and vision. They also provide competitive, market base salary with an opportunity for ad-hoc performance-based bonuses. On top of that, they have a fully stocked kitchen and a great team that collaborates well in a flexible work culture.