About The Company
This company changing the agricultural world with autonomy and they just moved into their new office in Newark. Their team is building a fleet of autonomous farming tractors and is looking for an Operations Software Engineer. We need support with the robotics software life cycle. From clean builds to secure deployment, and all the awesome challenges in between.
They are still an early stage company, so this is a great time to join a really dynamic and engaging team. It’s a chance to define your role as well, as we’ll be building a lot of these systems from the ground up.
You like to improve systems as you discover things, and love to collaborate. Shapers and owners are welcome here. You’ve had experience building end to end CI/CD systems and know how to adapt them as the products change. We’re working in a hybrid cloud environment, so you’ll be working with systems in the next room as well as in AWS. Our full pipeline involves managing systems for data collection, storage management, and feeding into Machine Learning pipelines. Ideally, you have a growing passion for robotics and working around mechanical systems, and seeing code perform real world tasks.
Required Skills and Experience
- B.S./M.S in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- A real problem solver - whether the networking equipment is failing or we need larger EC2 instances, you’re on point helping the team
- Tools of trade here are Bash and Python, but we’re always up for a better way
- Comfortable in AWS EC2, CodeBuild, S3 or local rack hardware (Ubuntu)
- An expert in CI/CD systems and adapting them to unique software projects
- We’re an Ubuntu shop for most of our systems, with a little Mac OS here and there
- Love to branch out, and make things happen at the next step from your own task
- You think outside the box, and want to play a pivotal role in designing autonomous heavy equipment
- $160-190k DOE
- Commuter Benefits
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision